Making of a Mogul is a fast growing startup company seeking fulltime fashion journalist, writers, and bloggers. The company’s growth will tremendous.Making of a Mogul, is an online site that showcases unique mid to high-end fashion clothing, and accessories.
- Sourcing fashion and beauty stories for both national and when appropriate, local markets.
- Conduct and Transcribe interviews.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with editors.
- Assisting with story and photo research.
- Submitting topic ideas, as well as writing about topics we request which will require research
- Cover fashion shows and events
- Research emerging designers, models, stylists, and photographers
- Submit articles in a timely fashion so they can be reviewed prior to posting
- Clear and definitive tone and voice
- Pitch story ideas
- Investigate leads and stories
- Background in fashion
- Be hard-working, proactive and organized.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Have strong attention to detail and follow directions.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Photo editor for pictures to be resized for the website
- Some web skills
- Have previous experience at a magazine, newspaper or blog.
- Familiarality AP Style Guide preffered
- Knowledge of fashion industry and key players MANDATORY
- Interest in writing about fashion related topics
- By lines
- Freelance opportunities also
- Paid vacation
- An attractive working environment with all new technology in a high growth start-up company
- A dynamic and motivated team with a flat hierarchy
- 10 paid holidays per calendar year
- 6 paid personal or sick days per calendar year
- Highly competitive salary with variable or fixed options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available
- Place of work: New York, some travel may be required
Please submit your resume, cover letter, 2-3 fashion related writing samples along with a request for rate compensation. If you do not have any fashion experience please tell us what makes you a great candidate for this opportunity.
*APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT WEB LINKS AND/OR WRITTEN WORK SAMPLES ACCOMPANYING THEM.